Learning German is easy with these fantastic resources for beginners and intermediate learners. From textbooks that integrate with online communities, to Twitter accounts and online courses, we've got you covered.Read More
It's one of my favourite episodes of the year - the live clips are in, so you can experience the Polyglot Gathering in 2017 with the Creative Language Learning Podcast as we bring you interviews, impressions and fun from the conference floor.
Here's just a hint of what's inside:
- Wonderful best wishes to you awesome listeners in German, Indonesian, Esperanto, Portuguese, Slovak, Korean, and more!
- Slovakia Travel Tips and insights into their unlikely national sport
- Fiel's call to arms -- how to bring more love into language learning
- The special vocabulary and handy rule 15 of Esperanto grammar
- What Gareth Popkins taught us about polyglotism...and what it has to do with your love life
With listening ears, ask questions. - Fiel Sahir
Come to an International Polyglot Event
If our episode inspired you to come and participate in a Polyglot event, check out the 2 big international conferences on the calendar:
- Langfest in Montréal, Canada -- get 25% discount when you enter promo code KERSTIN
- Polyglot Conerence in Reykjavík, Iceland
"Polyglot" is nothing to be scared of - not anymore!
If this conference has shown me anything, it's that this community called "polyglots" is ever evolving and slowly becoming an ever more supportive, familial group. It's great to see what people of all ages and backgrounds contribute...and of course it feels so fun when you're back home and suddenly realize your phone keyboard now has a Swedish dictionary installed.
To learn more about smaller events near you, check out 8 Life-Changing Language Learning Events Around the Globe here on the blog.
A lot has happened over the last 8 months and in this show you will hear stories about...
- The new languages Lindsay has been studying - and why she often changes them
- How we watch TV in other languages
- The joys of learning minority languages
- Our favourite podcasts and blog articles of 2016/17
- Where we are travelling this year
- ...and why we're a polite show
You can catch me and Lindsay at the Polyglot Gathering in Bratislava. Listen to hear more about the talks we'll seek out.
Links From This Episode
- The Fault In Our Stars Bench, Amsterdam
- Polyglot Bratislava Program 2017
- Langfest in Montréal, August 2017 <- 25% discount with this link
- FFasiwn Mecanic, a Welsh talent search show
- The Language Habit Toolkit
- Guaraní Language
- What Gets Easier When You Study More Languages?
- The Ultimate Guide to Language Learning Podcasts
- Talk the Talk Podcast
- SBS News Feeds available in 50+ languages
Your feedback is extremely important to the show. It gives us inspiration, topics, ideas, and it makes us happy. Find us on Twitter and Instagram using hashtag #cllp
You can help our show by going on itunes and leaving us a review yourself - we do read them all.
You love learning languages, but sometimes you're wondering if all that work will ever really add up to anything? Then look no further and start building a powerful tracking routine today. Tracking doesn't have to be complicated, and with these 4 cool tips you'll quickly get into a true language habit!Read More
Language tutors are a favourite resource in any successful learner’s arsenal. But it’s not always easy to stay excited about your language lessons, and to turn up regularly…If there’s no creativity in online lessons, no one gets to have the results or the fun that they should have.
No problem! Check out the following 5 ideas for lessons in any language, and you’ll be on to a winner!Read More
Feeling stuck on that plateau of "invisible progress"? Here's how to keep going! Here's a snapshot of how I make progress in my target language step-by-step, even after 18 months of study. You’ll learn about my goals for April 2017, and how I fit in learning 2 languages at the same time.
I use the Language Habit Toolkit, a study system I created for learners like me who are self-guided and want to track flexibly.Read More
Learning languages is a smart thing to do, but a lot of people worry about whether or not it’s effective to learn a language without teachers, classroom, or in-country immersion.
Full Disclosure: I Started as a Bad Self-Teacher
After many years of learning at school, the following 3 steps are the most important ones I learnt about how to grow true fluency. My secret? Take it easy.Read More
Finding credible resources for language learning can be difficult and time-consuming, but don't worry...I'm here to help! Welcome to a new blog series called 9 Best Resources. Every month, I'll bring you trusted and reliable apps, courses, books and more.
The series kicks off with one of the most popular languages among learners everywhere: Español!Read More