This podcast episode is a bit like a Wundertüte - a lucky dip bag of interviews with wonderful people who made the 2017 Langfest event what it was. Thank you so much to all of these lovely people - Langfest was motivating, informative, energising, and of course very, very multilingual.
Here's a taste of what you'll find inside the episode:
Could you become a multilingual parent?
We've all seen the feats of Bella Devyatkina, who speaks 8 languages at age 5. But how does that work? In my interview with conference organizer Tetsu Young, we touched on the everyday actions that he and his wife create a multilingual environment for their three (!) kids.
Applying your outside skills to language learning
You might not know this, but all of us have hidden skills that help us learn languages. I interviewed Benny Lewis and Tim Pelletier to find out what theirs are.
Impressions of Québécois
From how to make those dipthong sounds to religious swearing, be a fly on the wall during our French-language lesson on the Québec dialect.
Learning in Your Coffee Break
In an interview with Mark Pentleton from Radio Lingua, we discussed how language learning can fit into anyone's busy life - and why doing a little bit less might just help you learn more.
A few words in Romanian
Listen to me try as hard as possible to get my Romanian pronunciation right with the kind help of presenter Mihai. Ooof!
Unconventional Motivational Techniques
Jana Fadness is a polyglot, translator, traveller, and introvert. She shares her insights on the most popular motivational techniques - and how she found her own unconventional ways of making things work. Jana's interview was amazing, her honesty stood out among the crowd.
I will share more about my talk with you as soon as the Langfest crew have put the finishing touches to their videos.
In the meantime, get the travel bug with me and check out 8 Life-Changing Language Learning Events Around the Globe.
- LangFest – Festival de Langues de Montréal | Montreal Language Festival
- Eurolinguiste - Shannon Kennedy
- Get into the 4 Tendencies with the Better App
- Adventures of the Directionally Challenged - Jana Fadness
- Radiolingua - the home of Coffee Break Podcasts
- To My Father – To My Father Film
- Emilie Wapnick's TED Talk on Multipotentialites -- not all of us are made to do just one thing in life
- LanguageCon – The Shanghai Language Learner’s Conference
- 4-year-old Bella from Moscow easily speaks 7 languages - YouTube