This episode brings you the best mindset tips for learning a language for your next trip - even if you're completely busy and scared of talking to native speakers.
In this episode you'll hear
- Awesome listener feedback, including my top tip for what to do when people keep asking you to perform and "say something in" your target language
- Is it rude not to know the language of the country you are visiting?
- How I didn't do prep for my Iceland trip in the ideal way - and why a phrasebook would've been better
- What's different when you are learning languages for travel, and not "for life"
- What we learnt from reading the word "pizza" in lots of languages
- What to do immediately after you return home
Where Are YOU Travelling To Next?
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- HelloTalk - Language Exchange App, where you can find speakers of any language at all
- Kerstin's First Vlog in Welsh
- Lonely Planet Phrasebooks
- Langenscheidt Phrasebooks
- Lindsay's Learning X in X Video Series
- Delicious Lavtian Cili Pica
- Helga's shrine to Arnold on Hey Arnold
- Calendars of Longing - a new postcard every week, these are so beautiful
- Snapchat - everyone's on there now. I am fluentlanguage and Lindsay is ldlanguages. No more #kerstinyouold
In this show, we shared and read out some reviews. We love hearing from you guys and want you to know just how much your words are appreciated.
I don't want to keep you guys for too long with a long "housekeeping" section in our show, so if you've been feeling it's hard to listen to the feedback section, please let us know in the comments or on Twitter.
Your feedback is extremely important to the show. It gives us inspiration, topics, ideas, and it makes us happy.
You can help our show by going on itunes and leaving us a review yourself - we do read them all.