For French Learners
- Ben Huoy from French Together has created 30 Day French a great French course that focuses on helping you speak quickly and easily. It comes with audio that you can use at varied speeds, great lesson design and lots of encouragement from the author himself. Check it out at French Together.
- Interactive: Prémière Classe from TV5 Monde is awesome and free. The site contains interactive sections and videos to practice with and you can choose your menu language too.
- My video course Easy French Grammar for Complete Beginners takes you through the full A1 level grammar with simple explanations and examples, quizzes and downloadable worksheets. I teach the course in a fun way (yes, fun grammar, believe it or not), offering explanations of each grammar term so you never have to look up what they mean.
- If your grammar is at the intermediate level, try French Tenses Simplified by Scott McElroy. It covers 11 important moods and tenses you need after finishing level A1. Scott’s course is a good follow-on when you are ready to move on from my French grammar explanations.
- Bon Patron is your French autocorrect tool. If you want to practice your writing skills, type some sentences in there and it will help you with any spelling or grammar errors it can find. Sounds perfect.
- If you are baffled by French verbs, Bescherelle will help. Recommended by French teachers around the world, and it has got me through a lot of tasks - I still use it after 18 years of learning French.
Books & Comics
- Other Cats to Whip is adorable and helpful. It brings you wonderful and interesting French idioms, illustrated in a really cute and fun way. One for your Polyglot BFF. Use the code FLUENT for a 10% Discount on your order.
- One of France's cultural strengths is their dedication to la bande dessinée (comics), and you'll find some awesome content in books like Astérix.