In this episode, I giggle my way through a football reporter’s discovery that German is a useful language - live! You will also hear my interview with Gabby Wallace, a friendly and experienced teacher of English.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Where in the USA they still had a queen in the 1950s
- Why Discipline and Sharing are the two most important techniques in language learning
- How to combine the best of Japanese learning traditions with the best of the American classroom
- How real language learners improve through videos
- And best of all: Gabby's Top 3 Tips for becoming location independent, and how to have an immersion trip
- A bit more about what drives the independent language entrepreneur
- How I flounder when I’m actually asked to explain Memrise
Article of the week
Tips of the Week
As our video girl, Gabby didn’t hesitate to choose tip 3 for this episode, so go ahead and try it out.
1) Try some gist reading: Skim through an article quickly and try to get the gist
2) Bulk add your excel or word lists to Memrise
3) Get smarter about video with Yabla
Tips and Links from this Podcast
Support the Creative Language Learning Podcast on Patreon and I’ll send you a nice card.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix - they have subtitles and audio in German, French, Spanish and Portuguese
Jeremy Ginsburg teaching Vietnamese on Youtube