This episode features two core themes of discussion: travel and tutor tips.
"I buy everyone a little lollipop in my lessons"
- Why does "Germany" have so many different names in different languages?
- Should you study pronunciation first or just go all in with vocabulary? (hint: whatever you like)
- When is it too late to learn? (hint: never)
- What do you need to buy before you set off? (hint: nothing)
In the article discussion of this episode, we took apart the step-by-step process of finding a language tutor.
- What do you have to look for?
- Why are some of them expensive?
- What kind of tutor should you try to work with?
Articles of the Week
How much do you pay your language tutor? here on Fluent
Tips of the Week
This time, Lindsay chose her favourite tip and in line with her own productivity skills she chose Tip 3. Get organized, folks!
1) Download Quiz Up! and play the language sections
2) Read LOCAL lit, not just "Harry Potter in my target language"
3) Get organized with Evernote
Links and Resources from this Podcast
- You can sign up for Lindsay's new shop here
- My Savvy Brand Toolkit is designed to guide teachers through brand creation
- This train goes on a boat!
Great sites for you to find a tutor: