This episode is brought to you with support from Other Cats to Whip, a cute French book that you can buy for 10% off using the code FLUENT.
- What was language learning like before the internet?
- What’s so great about an event like the Language Show?
- Our ideas for Langathon and Language Speed Dating
- Language and Careers: What’s out there beyond Teaching and Translating?
- Lindsay’s passionate explanation of “Primary Languages” in the UK, and how to instil a language passion for life in younger learners
- Our appreciation of multilingual actors and subtitles in TV and movies
Our podcast also featured a short interview with Dan McIntyre from the University of Huddersfield and our discussion around what fluency involved.
Tip of the Week
Lindsay chose Tip 2 as the winning tip for this episode and added more great ideas on how you can present to people, even when they are not learning your language.
1) Draw a trilingual vocab chart to practice vocab divergence
2) Prepare a presentation for your tutor or buddy
3) Swipe in two languages using the Swiftkey Keyboard app
Links and Interesting Stuff from This Show
- Podcast: Episode 13 with Becky Morales about raising bilingual children
- Daniel Brühl
- Monsters by Gareth Edwards
- The Add 1 Challenge
- The Lingo Show on the BBC
- Babel Language Magazine
- Learning English with Phrasal Verbs, Lindsay's new online course