Lindsay and Kerstin discuss their language progress. Lindsay has been extremely disciplined, and Kerstin's been to a community class.
- How to find the time for language even when you're megabusy
- Community Classes and Polyglot Clubs have lots in common
New Year's Resolutions!
- What we think about the resolution that is "I will become fluent in..." or "I will learn the language..."
- Why "fluency" is an ambition and not a goal
- The unfailing SMART goalsetting technique
- Working out what is driving your resolution and "what your problem is" can help you get more motivation to change
- How can your resolution serve you even if you don't achieve it?
- Why is excitement essential when fear is destructive?
- And what are our themes and resolutions for 2016?
The Episode Takeaway
Set yourself a theme for the new year!
WEBINAR ON SATURDAY
Join us LIVE on Saturday at "The 5 Step Process to Setting Successful Language Goals"
Links and Tips from This Episode of the Creative Language Learning Podcast
- Welsh Club Preston
- Mirror.co.uk: 5 Cheap Ways to Learn a Language
- BBC Languages
- Forget New Year's Resolutions on I Will Teach You a Language
- How to Achieve a New Year's Resolution to Learn a Language on Fluent in 3 Months
- Onions have layers
- The Four Tendencies Framework by Gretchen Rubin
- The Inner Game of Tennis