In Episode 16, I'm introducing our new co-host: Lindsay Dow from Lindsay Does Languages. I’m bringing Lindsay in for more Creative Language Learning Podcast because she's just been so much fun for you to listen to. The episode is supported by Flashsticks (use code KERSTIN10 on www.flashsticks.com for a 10% discount).
In Episode 16, you’ll hear:
A discussion of the world’s many different scripts and writing systems, with Lindsay’s recent forays into Amharic and how I worked in Korea for 2 days
What makes a dialect different from a language, and where is the line?
What travelling to Europe and getting your Health Insurance card can do for your world perspectives
A live recording of my first ever #iglc Instagram Language Challenge video
Tips of the Week
In this episode the tables were turned and Lindsay allowed me to choose the tip of the week from three awesome creative tips she had researched. I loved it! My favourite tip ended up being tip 3, using a language in order to learn a language.
1) Open your ears and get into the exercises at listeningpractice.org
2) Learn a language with Pinterest. Both Lindsay and I love this social network and we have about how you can enhance your lessons and learning adventures with it. Here they are:
- Kerstin’s 4 Steps to Learning a Language with Pinterest on Fluent
- Using Pinterest for Language Learning on Lindsay Does Languages
3) Learn a new language via a language that you already know
Links for Episode 16 of the Creative Language Learning Podcast
This episode is brought to you by FlashSticks, the printed language learning post-its. Use code KERSTIN10 for 10% off.
The Instagram Language Challenge Hashtag is #iglc. view it here
Online Teaching Tricks, my new Udemy course - this deal gets you the course for £7
Thanks for reading this article on Fluent, the Language Learning Blog. If you are feeling able to give $1 to keep the podcast and the blog going strong, please head over to Patreon and become a supporter!