““Languages are ultimately designed to bring people together.””
This episode of the Creative Language Learning Podcast is brought to you by Flashsticks - use code KERSTIN for 10% off vocabulary aids in French, German, Italian, Spanish or BSL.
Welcome to episode 19 of the Creative Language Learning Podcast, featuring a current article of the week and an inspiring interview with one of my favourite language bloggers: Ron Gullekson from Language Surfer. His relaxed language learning attitude will make you so comfortable.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Ron's blog is called Language Surfer
- How formal language learners all know what "drawing a line down the middle" means :)
- How Ron structures his on curriculum for language learning
- Which level of language learning you might be at if you studied Arabic for 8 hours a day..for 64 weeks!
- Free listening, and how soon you can start doing this in your own study routine
- How to create your organic SRS system
"I want to get used to the idea of being lost as soon as possible."
Tips of the Week
I had secretly expected Ron to choose tip 3 as a music fan, but his own choice was tip 1: Get out and talk to people.
1) Meet up in conversation groups offline
2) Find local podcasts by switching itunes to the country's store
3) Learn with music on Spotify
Tips and Links from this Podcast
- Support the Creative Language Learning Podcast on Patreon and I’ll send you a nice card.
- Language Surfer
- Language Master Key: How to Unlock your Brain's Ability to Learn any Language on Amazon UK or Amazon US
- Forvo, a website helping you learn new pronunciations
- Readlang, to help you analyze texts and create Flashcards based on what you learn
- Readlang review from Fluent's guest writer Ricky Rutledge