For German Learners
My free mini-guide to speaking German is out now and will give you the best tips and 26 key phrases to make you ready for any conversation. It's free and waiting for you, simply click here.
Ultimate Guide to German for Beginners
Below, you will see that I have created two video courses in German so far: Speak German Like a Native (Pronunciation for all levels) and Easy German Grammar for Beginners. If you are interested in both of them, you can purchase a the Ultimate Guide to German for Beginners and save 25% at my online school.
- Find answers to every grammar questions in my video course Easy German Grammar for Beginners. The course contains 2.5 hours of video, lots of quizzes and workbooks, and simple examples throughout.
- The best German grammar book I know is Deutsche Grammatik, supported by a great website and useful tables. It's helped me explain so many rules in clear terms, for example how plurals and compound words are made. A* reference material.
- Speak German like a Native is my pronunciation course for all learning levels. It takes you through every letter and complex sound of the German language.
- If you are after a vocabulary list to work with or test yourself against, here is a PDF of the word list required for the German Immigration test, as published by the Goethe Institute.
Books and Courses
- André Klein is an author who specialises in writing great Kindle stories for German language learners, from crime fiction to fantasy books. Suitable from B1 level upwards.
Those Who Know Stuff and Want To Speak
German Language Movies and TV
- Deutschland 83 (live on Channel 4 UK, iTunes, DVD in the UK and USA)
- Good Bye Lenin! (DVD in the UK and USA)
- The Edukators (DVD in the UK and USA)
- Deutsche Welle is Germany’s international broadcaster. Their website is available in 30 languages and you can switch at the top right hand side of the site. They have courses for every level, and all for free, including the news and a big area for German teachers.